We are excited to discover new work that explores how we live in Leeds, in Yorkshire and in the World.
We have an open reading policy for scripts written by writers born, raised or currently living in Yorkshire. These scripts can be sent to us during two reading windows each year.
So we can process, read and respond to all the scripts we receive, our unsolicited windows have specific criteria and we are strict about the way in which we scripts are sent to us.
Our script window is currently closed , please do not submit scripts. New script window dates for spring 2018 will be posted here soon.
Please read this page carefully before you send us work.
To submit a script, you must complete our online form here.
- Scripts must be submitted in PDF or Word format
- We can only read one play per writer, per calendar year.
- We are happy to accept scripts of any length, written for audiences of any age.
Unfortunately we cannot accept:
- Scripts written for radio, television or film.
- Plays that have had a previous production
- Plays that have been submitted to the West Yorkshire Playhouse previously
- Musicals, operas or operettas